Back Row - M. Turner, N. Affleck, P. Booth, P. Robb, G. McKenzie, P. Laidlaw, C. Ruthven
Middle Row - Mr W. Robertson (Selector-Coach), Mr R. J. Payne (President), B. Molloy, B. Eade, Kevin Burns, B. Watson, D. Hamlin, M. Collins, John Healey (Coach)
Front Row - M. Guyton, T. Palmer, D. Millar (Captain), Geoff Crosswell (Vice-Captain), A. Hammington, C McKenna.
Back Row - K.Gallagher, S. Lynch, W. Woodward, P. Devine, D. Lang, F. Gwynne, Geoff Crosswell
Middle Row - P. Fitzgibbon, M. Skryba, S. Neill, J. O'Connell, M. Shine, A. McLaughlan, A. McAlevey, S. Puiser
Front Row - K. Ovens (Club Captain), K. Pettit (Manager), J. Watson, M. Bruce, C. Evans (President), G. Lynch, T. Smith, J. Switalla (Coach), P. Collings (Assistant Coach),
Absent - E. Wilkinson, J. Bennett, R. Davies, K. Heslin, P. Costello, S. Grave, K. O'Neill.
Back Row: Calder Gray, Herbie Brown, Gavin McPherson, Graham Marshall, Michael Broad, Tony Carmichael.
Middle Row: I. Wilson (President), A. Wilson, David Foster, Gordon Duthie, Colin McDonald, Brian McDonald, Karl Hishon, J. McNaughton, Neil Winter (Manager)
Front Row: W. Little, Bruce Winter, Trev Popham, Leicester Rutledge (Captain Coach), Alistair Whyte, Stuart McNaughton, Andrew Holden.
Absent: W. Harawira.
During the early 1920's and with a high interest in rugby football, a group of young men formed the Waianiwa Rugby Football Club.
W. King was the first president and A. Kennard was the first secretary.
Early members included:
C. Brown, J. Brown, D. Brown, L. Ronald, J. Ewart, P. Lindsay, W. Hamilton, O. Spiers, W. Adams, E. Galt, D. Galt, T. Cull, J. Marshall and W. Keith.
It was 1956 when the local Waianiwa Badminton Club was formed and it joined the Western Badminton sub association. They played against the likes of Wrights Bush, Otahuti, Winton, Riverton, Fairfax, Wairio, Otautau, Tuatapere and Otapiri.
Two prominent younger players in Vicki and John Shaw were a product of the strong club.
Vicki represented Southland in the provincial under 19 while John was the first Western playeer to win a Southland under 14 title.
A tennis club was formed about WW1 but went into recess during WW2 and the club was not revived until about 1953.
In 1971 only four people turned up to the annual meeting and they agreed to once again put the club into recess.
Noeline Carter met with a group of concerned parents in 1977 and alongside, secretary, Irene Marshall they reformed the club which now only really caters for primary and secondary school children.